Executive Assistant / Assistant Property Manager / Admin. Assistant Full Time
No phone calls, please.
This is an opportunity to work in a fun office with a great group of teammates.
In addition to functioning as an Office Assistant (approx. 15-20 hours/week), you will also have responsibilities to the President and Owner of Ability, Dennis Lively. The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree (not required), and have the ability to take on special projects and responsibilities for the President. You would need to be able to learn the responsibilities of others on our office team. I am seeking someone who is smart and high energy, and can work without supervision. This company is growing rapidly, and there will growth opportunities for this person. This is a key position for someone who is ambitious. You do not need to have a CAM license for this position, but it is a plus.
You must be dependable, and not have personal or family issues or responsibilities that would cause you to miss or be late for work or leave work early.
The normal office hours for this job will be 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday, and 9:00am to 3:00pm on Friday. There may be rare occasions when you have to attend evening Board meetings, or, attend to an issue over the weekend. All of our Holidays are paid, and you start earning paid vacation immediately. You will be paid a $50/month cell phone allowance, and 48 cents per mile for business mileage. We enjoy a very pleasant, sunny office, with windows in everyone’s office.
Unfortunately, we don’t offer health insurance coverage.
I started Ability Management 17+ years ago, and have grown the business to management of over 40 associations with over 5,500 units. We manage Condo Associations, Home Owner Associations, and Master Associations in Naples and Bonita Springs. My business plan is to expand the business to approximately 10,000 units, and employ 16-18 people. We are successful and profitable, and are well past the “start up” stage. Currently there are 11 of us in our main office, including 5 licensed association managers. We have been very successful when making presentations to Boards in getting new business. The possibilities are excellent for us in this business because of the excellent customer service that we offer.
We have been totally resistant to the downturn in the economy because of the Covid-19 Virus.
Below is a high level outline of the responsibilities for this job. I have successfully managed hundreds of people, and know how to create a work environment where my teammates both succeed and enjoy their job. We enjoy very little employee or association turnover.
We have a great team in our office, who will happily and ably assist you with many of your responsibilities.
We are located off of Airport Road in the Walden Oaks office park (just north of the new Hyundai dealership) approx. 1 mile north of Pine Ridge Rd. Address: 6736 Lone Oak Blvd, Naples FL 34109. Our phone is 591-4200; fax: 596-1919; email: Dennis@AbilityTeam.com You can learn more about our company and myself at our website: www.AbilityTeam.com Please take the time to visit this website.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send me an email: Dennis@AbilityTeam.com with your qualifications and resume and salary expectations. Please use the words “Ability Executive Asst” in the subject line, and explain in the body of your email why you want this job, and why you think you will be good at it.
Thank you for your interest. Please read below for the skills and a job description.
Dennis Lively, President
- Be able to work unsupervised, and be able to prioritize your time and prioritize the issues/projects assigned to you. This is a key position in the company, and I am looking for a smart, high energy, organized self-starter. You will be working with every single person in our company.
- Lots and lots of Common Sense, along with the ability to manage your time and activities efficiently. Property Management is a competitive business, with very thin profit margins, and all of our teammates have to work smart and not waste time.
- Ability to communicate in a positive fashion and deal with owners, who often are complaining, sometimes irrationally, and keep smiling. This is tough sometimes.
- We use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and TOPS Association Management and Accounting software. You need to be very proficient using spreadsheets, word processing, and email on a computer. Not an expert, but very experienced.
- Telephone answering skills. Most calls are from owners reporting a problem or an issue. In some cases, you can contact the subcontractor to go out and make the repair. Calling the pest control company, for example, or the irrigation company to fix a broken sprinkler head. On more complicated calls, you will either pass it on to the Property Manager assigned to that association, or, enter it into our Issue Log.
- The ability to smile and stay positive when things go wrong. (did I mention that already?)
- At the direction of the business owner, assist him and the other association managers on resolving selected issues, and assisting with various projects. You will need a reliable car to make trips to the associations to assist with these issues and projects.
- Answering the phone, entering the information from the calls into our Issue Tracking system.
- Assist with getting out mailings; folding and stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Calls to our field personnel and subcontractors to advise them of an issue needing their attention.
- Open and sort mail.
- Filing and copying.
I hope you find this position interesting, and that we receive an email from you expressing interest. We have a fun office and a great bunch of teammates, so send that email! Type “Ability Executive Asst” in the subject line. email address: Dennis@AbilityTeam.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
6736 Lone Oak Blvd.
Naples, FL 34109-6834
Phone: 239-591-4200 Fax: 239-596-1919